For over 70 years, California companies have relied on Employers Group’s annual one-day Workplace & Employment Law Update (WELU). The information-packed event covers the issues, laws, and practices California businesses need to be aware of for the upcoming year.
Unlike other employment law updates, Employers Group delivers its WELU before the new year begins so HR and business leaders have time to adequately prepare for changes in the law and compliance complexities. EG’s program also covers timely workplace issues that impact how companies do business. Please see agenda for more information.
Why Attend WELU? Do you feel 100% confident in answering these 10 questions?
- What adjustments have you made regarding 1099s in light of the Dynamex decision?
- How have you prepared to objectively investigate a harassment claim?
- Did you include the correct local leave law notification in your leave policy?
- What steps are you taking to mitigate supervisory legal liability?
- How are you calculating pay, bonuses, missed breaks, missed meals and overtime?
- How are you handling de minimis “off the clock” work?
- What’s your plan to train each of your employees on harassment prevention?
- What tips do you provide to supervisors about retaining talent?
- What expectations have been set for the most critical jobs in your organization?
- How will incorporate these 16 new or changed laws into policies and procedures: AB2338, AB3082, SB2282, AB1976, SB1123, AB2334, AB2610, AB1654, SB970, AB3109, SB224, SB820, SB826, SB1252, SB1300, SB1412.
If you are not fully confident you have a 100% correct plan in place for all of the above items, you are not prepared for 2019. Attend Employers Group’s Workplace & Employment Law Update.
Why I Have Attended WELU
- The event keeps me updated on the latest changes in labor law.
- The closest and easiest legal event to update. Plus, it’s only one day!
- Timely information in a very pleasant setting delivered by the experts.
- There are opportunities to ask questions.
- The information presented is essential for my position.
- After attending the event, you walk away with answers to questions you have been struggling with.
- All day update instead of multiple days away from the office.
- All sessions are great and the breakouts give variety to the day.
- Being local really makes attending the event a no brainer. If it was outside the county, I would not attend.
- Richard Simmons. It’s rare to get the opportunity to engage with such a knowledgeable attorney.
- Employers Group has done and outstanding job in putting together a fun, engaging and information-packed event. We purchase a table for my entire team as a teambuilding and knowledge-building session. We leave with action items and discussion points to insure we are compliant and using best HR practices.
- I am able to apply what I learn immediately on the job. The ROI of attending pays off in the first hour!
- The event is the perfect size. Not so big that you feel like you don’t matter and small enough to ask questions.
- With multiple locations, it is difficult to get everyone to one event. Because they offer so many options, we are able to get our entire team to the event. Plus, breakout sessions allow us to come together and discuss post WELU.
- In my 20+ years in HR, I have always relied on WELU for my annual HR update. I typically attend at the Grand California, but have had the opportunity to attend each Southern CA location over the years and have to say, they are all unique and worthwhile to attend. Disney remains my favorite.